Monday, June 26, 2006

To My Son...

50 Cent: The Massacre
My gansta-wannabe child has left home to try his brain at a college course this summer. Never a camper, this is the longest he's been away from home.

So far, life without you:
I've been thinking about you and wonder how you are. I liked talking to you last night, but a little more info would be okay. Say Hi to your roommate, John, from the unknown place. I hope he likes watching The World Cup and you find someone up there who isn't a Geek. I'm glad they found your luggage and you got to bring your clothes with you. I hope you wear it. If you send me your email address, I'll write to you.

Even your sister misses you. Dad tried to give her your seat at the dinner table (why? ask Dad...he thought she was too far away at the end of the table) but she wasn't interested.
Love,
Mom

I should have something more interesting--from a psychiatric perspective-- to say about my oldest child growing up, but it's too hard to think about the fact that soon he will be leaving for good.

1 comment:

: Joseph j7uy5 said...

My son is home for the summer, after his first year at college. I keep thinking the same thing, that I should have some brilliant insight regarding this milestone. But somehow, with professional objectivity being impossible, all that techinical knowledge is pretty useless. Better just to be a regular parent, perhaps.