Friday, September 08, 2006

Rabbits 1, Tigers 0

Talk about timing. Just when we were feeling vulnerable about our safety and comments were getting a bit fatalistic, I see this little item on CNN: Nurse, 51, kills intruder with bare hands. I don't usually repost wire service stories since I figure most people will see it anyway, but this was just too relevant to pass up. The part that I liked was the neighbor's quote at the very end:

"You didn't need to calm her. She's an emergency room nurse. She's used to dealing with crisis."

5 comments:

Dr. A said...

Note to self: I should not mess with ER nurses.

Sarebear said...

Holy crap!

The Locum said...

That's fantastic!

I already knew you don't mess with ER/A&E nurses.

foofoo5 said...

Not to steal her thunder, but the 59 year-old inmates I've dealt with look and fuction like their 20 years older. Or is just an act to get me to file for SSI?

Sarebear said...

Turns out the man was hired by her ex or soon to be ex husband, to kill her.