Saturday, September 02, 2006

Sweet Dreams?

[posted by dinah]

So I was reading Real Simple, a magazine that a neighbor brought over because she thought I'd like the recipe it had for lemonade, and I came across this ad for Rozerem:


Huh? Rozerem is a sleep medication that claims not to have an addictive potential. I've even prescribed it a few times. But what does Abraham Lincoln have to do with it? And why is he playing jump rope with an otter?

I googled "Rozerem Abe Lincoln" and discovered that it's part of an ad campaign for the medication: Abe and a talking beaver.

But why?

If you want to read more, try John Mack's Pharm Marketing Blog. He doesn't get it either.

7 comments:

Dreaming again said...

In the TV add, Abe Lincoln, the beaver and a few other characters are telling the guy who usually dreams about them that it's time to come back to sleep ...and dream about them.

That they miss him. He needs to stop stressing out in life and have a normal sleep time and dream.

Personally, if Abe Lincoln showed up in my kitchen with a beaver and started talking to me, and told me that if I took this medicine he'd be back in my dreams ... it'd be the LAST drug I'd be willing to take!!!!

Steve & Barb said...

Help. The brain pic link works, but doesn't show up on IE6.

I didn't see my shadow so I'm going back down.

Sarebear said...

I find those commercials confusing and jarring too, even though I understand the concept they are trying to portray. I don't think they do a good job with it.

DrivingMissMolly said...

It's the whole "Honest Abe" thing. On the website I believe you click Abe for the FAQ. Since he is associated with honesty and integrity, I guess they hope you'll make the leap to believing in the product...

Which didn't work worth a crap on me. At least their is a rebate form online.

DrivingMissMolly said...

Sorry, I misspelled their. I meant "there."

DrivingMissMolly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
NeoNurseChic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.