Saturday, March 31, 2007

March Madness: Visitor Survey Results

Results are in. We put up a poll all month (March 2007) to see who visits our blog. PollDaddy was used, and duplicate votes were mimized via use of cookies.

> 20% physicians (incl 13% psychiatrists & 7% other docs)
> 9% nurses
> 7% psychologists
> 7% social workers and counselors

> A total of 43% of voters were (mostly mental) health care professionals.
> 29% were patients
> 29% were "others"

Just wanted to share these results with you all. Thank you for your interest in our inspired ramblings.

-The Management

[revised 3/31]

8 comments:

sophizo said...

ummm...you made a slight error. You put 20% as physicians (including psychiatrists) and than added 13% as psychiatrists separately. It should really be 43% are health care professionals. Otherwise, your totals would add up to 114% and not 100% (even though in reality it adds up to 101% on your poll).

Sorry, another pet peeve of mine. ;-)

Roy said...

Yikes... I did this late last night between Texas Hold'em games (lost 11 points... no real money).

Midwife with a Knife said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Why did we take it down? I liked following the day-by-day results.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. How many are both patients and h.c. professionals????

Roy said...

All the HCP's are also patients.

Dinah, perhaps later we'll run it again to see how our reader mix changes over time.

Any other ideas for polls to run?

NeoNurseChic said...

They are? Interesting...

I put myself under the nurse category. It was a tough call, but on the particular day when I voted, I felt that was the category I belonged to! *grin* I wouldn't have found this blog if I hadn't started blogging as a nurse as it were. But even your mouse-over for my blog says that I have the perspective from both sides...so sometimes it's hard to pick! ;)

jcat said...

Roy,

I know this is a real techno-loser Q to be asking....but I have been trying for days now, including Google's "help". Don't even go there unless you already know the category, sub-category and probably the answer to what you want!

You posted a while ago on your favourite Google search terms to get to this site. How do you find what search terms people are using to reach you?

Thanks,

techno-idiot jcat