Okay, this podcast is a milestone for us. Dinah bought several hundred dollars worth of sound equipment (Alesis MultiMix8 w/Firewire, Behringer C-1 mics), which took us several hours to properly set up to record so that each of us comes into the MacBook as a separate track, thus letting us have more equal sound volumes (before we all shared the same mic, so our voices were at different levels).
I've set it up so that if you listen to the .m4a version (that's what gets downloaded from iTunes), Clink's more on the left channel, Dinah's more on the right, and I'm in the middle. Let us know how you like it. I'm still figuring out how to use it all to achieve the best sound quality, but I think #38 is the best one we've ever done so far.
November 11, 2007: #38 New & Improved!
- MacArthur Foundation Grant. Decision-making, substance abuse, and brain abnormalities. Developing guidelines for judges about neuroimaging and brain function.
- On our Shrink Rap blog, Clink blogs about What She Learned (Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3) at her AAPL conference.
- Delirium. Roy discusses delirium, or encephalopathy, what it is and recent findings about longer term damage. This was on the front page of a recent WSJ.
- Shrink-proof containers. Clink brings back a hotel bottle of mouthwash that she could not open.
- Q&A: Gerbil brings up recent study on chocolate lovers.
- Online CBT for Depression. Study finds it helpful for mild-moderate depression. Eliza.
- Telepsychiatry. We just chat about some of the issues.
|Find show notes with links at: http://mythreeshrinks.com/. The address to send us your Q&A's is there, as well.|
This podcast is available on iTunes (feel free to post a review) or as an RSS feed. You can also listen to or download the .mp3 or the MPEG-4 file from mythreeshrinks.com.
Thank you for listening.