Sunday, March 30, 2008

It's Sunday Morning--coffee, online shopping and the New York Times

This is published as two posts. The photo was enough to drive blogger mad. Scroll down for the rest.

Roy and I have communicated this morning. We're both on our second cup of coffee. I've been shopping on Lands End and I made a Model Me. The hair is a bit wilder than mine, the complexion much darker, no toenail polish, but aside from that, it's me. Roy tried to make himself and he couldn't. I tried to make him, and I couldn't. We won't talk about how long it took to get my Model Me onto the blog. Do you like my new outfit?




From Clink: I can't believe Dinah's got me doing this. OK, so I fixed her picture a bit and then decided to add me. Save this post for the police sketch artist in case I ever disappear.

12 comments:

Dr. Pink Freud said...

Not bad, not bad. A few suggestions, though:

1. Accessorize: Shoes would enhance the outfit and are great in inclement weather. Sandals would be groovy (I'm trying to bring back the word "groovy.")

2. The shirt is a little long in the waist. Bring it up a bit to accentuate the hips.

3. More accessories...maybe a bracelet and necklace.

Oh, my God, I've been watching "What Not to Wear" too much with my wife! I can't believe I even posted.

Dinah said...

Interesting:
Model Clink doesn't look like a nun. I wouldn't recognize you from this.

Dr. Pink Freud: interestingly enough, My dear friend Camel once suggested I go on the What Not To Wear Show with complaints that I wear my clothes too big (I'm fond of breathing). Thank you, but my hips don't need any accentuating, they do that fine on their own. And Model Me doesn't capture that I have a very long waist and shirts don't stay tucked in, so I thought I'd try a longer style. If you'd like to take me on a shopping trip, (or your wife would) I'd be glad to come along.

Gerbil said...

Okay, Roy, where is your model?

Gerbil said...

by which I mean: try harder :)

Roy said...

Women!

Dinah said...

So are you now planning to live without them?

Anonymous said...

EEK, You look good but not like you. you are much cuter boobie. this reminds me of the that racially mixed comedianne from Saturday night live a few years ago. What was her name? Is that clink, I thought it was child number two for a moment. Love abf

Zoe Brain said...

I used the model maker to try to predict what was happening. Results at http://members.webone.com.au/~aebrain/zoe.gif

The result is OK, but needs broader shoulders to be completely accurate. And I need to lose weight, darnit. Not the 35 kilos I lost in 3 months, but the 20 I've re-gained in the two years since then.

When the body's the right shape, I might branch out a bit from my usual black skirt and T-shirt.

Roy said...

Nice job with the morphing, Zoe.

Dinah said...

Zoe,
Well that was pretty cool!
You don't look overweight to me.

Anonymous said...

HI dear,
If you are going for shopping try our online shopping portal: http://www.naaptol.com

Anonymous said...

good Job! ;)