Sunday, April 06, 2008

Sunday: The New York Times



A couple of things caught my attention today:

An article by Matt Richtel about 24/7 bloggers, some of whom have blogged themselves to death. I'm trying not to be one of them:
Of course, the bloggers can work elsewhere, and they profess a love of the nonstop action and perhaps the chance to create a global media outlet without a major up-front investment. At the same time, some are starting to wonder if something has gone very wrong. In the last few months, two among their ranks have died suddenly.

Also about cyberspace, Virginia Heffernan wrote an article called Soft Cell with ClinkShrink in mind:

Prison Talk, a big board with nearly 150,000 members and 2,500 regular readers a day, is a case in point. It caters to what turns out to be an underserved consumer niche: family and friends of the incarcerated.


ClinkShrink and Roy were kind enough to go computer shopping with me today and we got pizza afterwards. Is there a better way to spend a Sunday?

1 comment:

Sarebear said...

Hi guys. That was very nice of them. Funny cartoon.

Something I ran across the other day really made me think of Clink; if I remember it, I'll send it your way.

Wish me luck in the knee surgery outpatient thing I haven't posted about yet that they told me will most likely not help the pain at all.

Oh, and here's a general shrinky question - Why do extended release forms of meds and the non-extended release forms of meds, sometimes behave so differently from each other (ASIDE from the duration of effect)? I guess that's more a psychopharmacology question . . . . but that's right up your alley too.

Oh, and here's a laugh for you - (yes, I'm reporting the cognitive side effects to my shrink) I was having so many the other week, and I was at my MIL's birthday party, and lots of aphasia, word mix-ups, etc. - I meant to tell this SIL that we've had a long a storied - "history" - that I hoped we could get together for a sisterly BONDING experience - instead I said, "I hope we can get together for a sisterly BONDAGE experience!"

Ok, you guys can imagine what ensued afterwards, hee hee.

ta ta for now.