Saturday, May 31, 2008

Check it Out

Psychiatry 101 is a blog about psychiatry by a mom who was once treated for post-partum depression. She has been a welcome commenter on Shrink Rap with some great comments.

So most recently, Psychiatry 101 sent us a link to Tony White's blog. Tony is a therapist in Australia, he has a blog, and his patients and supervisees read it. He writes HERE about what his patients say about his blog.

Several people have suggested to me that my patients read Shrink Rap and don't tell me. I find that perplexing--- why wouldn't a patient just say "Hey, I came across your blog..." ? In real life, I'm not a particularly intimidating person. At least I don't think so.

6 comments:

April said...

I really like Tony Graffti, too. I love that his patients read his blog---but maybe that's because I wish I could read my shrink's.

Maybe it's not intimidation that prevents people from disclosing they found your blog---maybe they're using it as a reference, to see if you're the same person in 2 different settings.

Dinah said...

April: I'm not.

Lee said...

My therapist wrote a book (a couple actually). I bought one of them and started reading it. Got bored, didn't really like it much. I haven't told him about that. It just seems weird. I just told him on Monday that I read the wikipedia article about him though. heh. It was right after he was bashing wikipedia.

shraddha said...

Thank you for mentioning my blog on your blog.
I missed this post before!Some one actually came to my blog from this blog and I followed the url.
I am honored.
Thank you very very much.

Anonymous said...

i think if i found my therapist's blog, i wouldn't say anything to her just because i would be afraid that she would then start to censor herself, or feel like she should.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning my blog here. I had missed it until now - obviously!

Yes I have clients comment semi regularly about what they read on it.

I think one4theroad makes a good comment. Sometimes when I write now I have it in my mind that client's may (will) read this

Cheers

Tony