Friday, July 18, 2008

Up From The Floorboards

Wow, almost three weeks since my last post. Life has moved quickly, but all for the better. Roy has his new iPhone, Max has a new bandana (quite attractive for a dog), and I have a new job. Here is my favorite quote from orientation:

"The people here are dangerous, no if's, and's or buts about it. It's a fun job, though."
Hard to beat an introduction like that. And it's true that security was called to the wards twice in one day during my first week. It's also true that I think this is going to be fun.

More later. I'm still catching my breath.

2 comments:

Dr. Pink Freud said...

Congrats on the new gig! Out of curiosity, what motivated you to take this particular job? For that matter, what characteristics does your ideal job possess?

Anonymous said...

Hi ClinkShrink, glad to hear you've got an interesting new job. Look forward to hearing about it on the podcast.

Congrats aside, you may have heard they're tearing down the hospital used in the movie "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest." I'm sad the architectural details will be lost, but maybe patients won't have to be crammed seven to a room. That can't be conducive to mental health! Would be interested to hear about conditions at your new facility.