Monday, February 09, 2009

Just As I Was Thinking About You


I think I have ESP. Last week, I was thinking about a patient I hadn't seen in a couple of months, and he called, just as I was thinking about him. It's happened before with this patient. Today, I was walking to my car (where I'd left my cell phone, unsubmergered), and I started to think about a patient I haven't seen or thought about in some time. I've been treating her for over ten years, and issues of age and health have made it hard for her to get in to see me. It's been a year, maybe more, but every once in a while, she surfaces. So I'm thinking about her, wondering how she is, and I get to my car and there's a voicemail from her. Sort of eerie. I have ESP.

What I don't understand is the whole ShrinkRap with Bacon thing on our sidebar. I guess Roy did this. Why does anyone want bacon with our blog? It's just sort of weird. He couldn't have put ducks up?

And for a final thought: my husband is leaving on a jet plane. He texted to say there is a comfort dog in the next row. I can't wait to hear how the flight goes.

Thanks to everyone who's commented on our pre-draft of a chapter. I like the diversity of opinions. And to anyone who thinks their middle schooler might get something out of it, that would be wonderful!

I'll get a photo in later: let me know if you have any special requests....

7 comments:

Mike said...

I found this blog in a roundabout way via Medscape.
It's the first blog I've read on a regular basis. It's amusing and informative. The bacon is a funny.
Keep up the good work it's appreciated.

Dr. Pink Freud said...

Bacon is the magical food. It turns any side dish into a meal. Ergo, it enhances "Shrink Rap." Check out the comedian, Jim Gaffigan for more on bacon.

On the other hand, I I'd prefer a side of self-actualization.

pemdas said...

It must be Bacon Day on the internets.

Try this:
http://bacolicio.us/http://psychiatrist-blog.blogspot.com/
Mmm, mmm, good!

Roy said...

How can you not like bacon? Even most Jews like bacon (at least the Reform ones I know, like me).

Like Mike said, "It's a funny."

Shrink Rap w/Bacon. Or Spam.

Rachel Cooper said...

Hmmm. I was going to ask if the bacon was kosher. I don't like bacon, then again I wasn't raised with it.

On the other hand, I don't believe that jews who eat bacon are going to hell... Enjoy the bacon roy.

Anonymous said...

Do you only have what we in the UK call "streaky" bacon?

This is bacon.... http://www.donaldrussell.com/PUBLIC/PICTURES/PRODUCTS/LARGE/buy_pork_back_bacon_from_online_butcher.jpg

E

Dazy said...

I am not sure if you are a bacon-hater or what. But I don't have much problem with these. Actually I LOVE to cook.