Sunday, November 07, 2010

The Sunday Morning Shrink Rapper Update.



I've decided to start reading the Sunday New York Times in bed--- no electronic distractions and I actually sort of read. I love the internet, but I think it makes me crazy.

The NY Times has a feature on Debra Winger and talks about her acting come back in the role of Frances on In Treatment. Click here if you'd like to read it.

I'm reading a wonderful book, a memoir by Dr. Mark Vonnegut called Just Like Someone With Mental Illness Only More So. When I was a kid, I loved Kurt Vonnegut's novels. Unusual family with lots of genius and mental illness. I will write more about the book when I finish it, maybe later today?

Tried a great new pizza place last night. Trouble parking and I thought I'd never go there again, and then we ordered a boring pizza because we have topping-issues in my marriage. Great spinach salad, and as we waited for the pie, I coveted the pizza's around us with sausage, veggies, mushrooms, oh.... but then our Four Cheese Pizza arrived and it was amazing. We didn't even mind that we were by far the oldest people in the place, and I will definitely go again, maybe on a weekday. So here's a plug for Iggy's.

As for the rest of my day? Roy wanted me to go to lunch with him so he could convert me into someone who fully understands the details of an issue that has come up in our state with hospital reimbursements. The restaurant he chose isn't open on Sundays. Oh, and he's decided he's busy with one of his many other projects. Clink wanted to work on posting another podcast with me, but got a last minute invite to a birthday party and has blown me off. I've pointed out to her that she was on my "A" list as a first-choice friend for a Sunday afternoon. The day-before birthday party invite and she was clearly on that person's "B" list. Apparently, my company doesn't compare to the prospect of birthday cake.

Our little dog, Kobe, the hyperactive one, was shaved down yesterday in an event called grooming. I suggested husband take him to the Ravens Game (Kobe would like that) but was told, "As a comfort dog? Kobe is the farthest thing from a comfort dog."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, what started out as a surprise birthday lunch for two unexpectedly expanded to include A list friends. I'm flattered and humbled to be on competing A lists.

--Clink

Sunny CA said...

I would go to a birthday party rather than work on a podcast also.

I worked in an Italian restaurant chain and we would divide up a pizza in as many as 4 parts with 4 different toppings. So many people are particular about their toppings. You don't have to suffer. I am a pepperoni fan, myself. I also like sausage and black olive, but not as much. Yuck to anything with onion or pineapple for me.

I hate the way some groomers shave dogs, because I am a fan of petting dog fur, not skin. It is fine, I suppose for the breeds where style dictates shaving body parts, but most dogs, even heavily matted ones, can be groomed without shaving them. A tight scissors snip to get off the bad mats can leave the rest of the fur intact. I always feel sorry for the poor shaved dogs coming from a groomer.

Reading a book sounds lovely.

HappyOrganist said...

cake sounds good. ;)

Anonymous said...

Not a comment on this post but I wanted to call your attention this this article about benzodiazepines in today's The Independent from the UK:

Drugs linked to brain damage 30 years ago
MPs and campaigners predict class action after failures to mount full-scale research into warnings left millions of patients at risk

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/drugs-linked-to-brain-damage-30-years-ago-2127504.html

Rach said...

Sounds like a heavenly day, Dinah.
And 4 cheese pizza tops it all.