Here's what we talk about:
- Clink talks about the burning issues in corrections, including a class action suit against a federal control unit prison in Colorado, filed by a civil rights organization. Allegations include the idea that correctional officers were abusive and that mental health services were inadequate. You can read more about this in Clink's article here.
- Roy talks about the Supreme Court decision to uphold the Affordable Care Act (aka ObamaCare) and talks about the Mental Health Parity Act and the delay in getting this clarified. Roy believes there will be increased access to mental health care.
- Roy talks about Network adequacy and whether providers are actually available. Here is his link to his article on Health Information Exchanges.
- Dinah talks about statins and depression and and reads from Emily Dean's blog on Evolutionary Psychiatry where she discuss statins and depression and violence and cholesterol. The guinea pig pictured above has a fine lipid profile.
- Dinah talks about her new novel : Home Inspection.
Thank you for listening.