Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pardon the Interruption


I've mentioned it before, but Clink and I are working on a new book.  Today, it the book-to-be is titled is "Committed: The Battle Over Forced Psychiatric Care."  I've started the process of meeting with people, interviewing, shadowing -- it's my mid-career crisis of being part-Shrink/ part-journalist.  Blogging, in the coming months, may be a bit less frequent, and may be more focused on involuntary treatments, because that's what I've been thinking about.  

So for yesterday's headlines here in Maryland, do read "Legislation Pushes Involuntary Mental Health Treatment" from yesterday's Baltimore Sun.  I went to listen to one of the Senate Committee hearings on some of the legislation -- the hearing room was packed with dozens of people there to give testimony and emotions running high.