Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Ultimate Disappointment

And now what was that all about? So boring, I could barely stay awake. My husband is now watching the end of The Sopranos for the third time, convinced we missed something. Meadow is now trying to parallel park for the twenty-third time. Onion rings get ingested over and over again. A neighbor called, frantic, twice, concerned that her TV had gone dead.

Nothing happened.

My husband keeps muttering, "It's coming back, they're going to make more episodes. It's a set up for a movie." He just can't face the fact that this was it: the final episode of The Sopranos was the lamest ever.

Nothing happened.

I'm off to grieve, I don't have it in me to find a picture to upload. Our podcast was better.

8 comments:

Midwife with a Knife said...

Um.... my condolances.

Anonymous said...

The Hollywood "critics", whom I am sick of, say that the final episode of the Sopranos was brilliant. I'm not sure if they were shown a different one than what I watched, but I wouldn't call it brilliant. This is the low down from the critics corner...

http://tv.yahoo.com/the-sopranos/show/218/news/urn:newsml:tv.ap.org:20070611:tv_sopranos__ER

We are just watching life. I think they did the viewer a great injustice, but my husband also said it was a nice set-up for a Movie to follow.

Sarebear said...

I'd be peeved too if they did that to a series I enjoyed!

Hey, on the LOST front, I recently wrote a post about my theories about Jack's dad being alive.

Oh!! google and find what it said in Ben's diary in the season finale; people blew up the screen and worked at making out; they did this to the small article on the person's funeral w/a name too (I still have no clue who it is, tho1)

But it's gonna be til next FEB before there's more LOST! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Anonymous said...

Life can be full of nothing happening, especailly at the end.

Anonymous said...

especially

Anonymous said...

I don't understand why everybody thought the ending was a cliffhanger and that we'll never know what actually happened. Just because they dindn't show it explicitly.

C'm on, guys, what about the conversation Tony had with Bobby about getting shot ('you probably don't even hear it when it happens').

The last thing Tony saw was Meadow entering the diner, and then everything went black. What else do you thing could happen?

This is why the episode was brilliant: it didn't go for the cheap thrill of actually showing Tony getting killed.

If there actually is a movie after this, it will prove me wrong :).

Anonymous said...

life is a big freaking onion ring.tony bit it.you'll live

Catherine said...

I just started watching this show (only a few years late, right?) and I am hooked.

I thought you had written more about the show, but clicking the tag list only shows three posts. Maybe I am wrong.