Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Doctor is NOT In



Neonursechic asked where we were. Yes, read the fine print in Podcast #29, and you'll get the hint that we are off in August (okay, so maybe we are "off" much more than that... but especially so in August).

Do we really take a month-long vacation? Yeah, right. But, among the three of us, between last week and the next 2-3 weeks, one, two or all three will be AFK for extended periods of time. This means no podcasts and minimal posts. I actually have 3 or 4 posts I've started, which I may complete this weekend before I take off for a couple weeks. I may stop in at various public libraries on occasion, just to be sure Dinah hasn't started any new flame wars.

I also have two more podcasts that I'd like to move from my computer to your MP3-playing device of choice. I should get #30 out this weekend (on parity legislation and the 3 suicide articles in the July green journal), and will try to get #31 ready (t is a very short mini-podcast) for the following weekend.

6 comments:

Myk said...

Hi, While surfing the web, I came across your website and found it to be very information.
I would like to share your website with my visitors. I was wondering if we can exchange links,please review my

site http://philippinenurses.blogspot.com I already added your blog to my link exchange partners, please kindly

add my blog too.

I understand the value of link exchange from relevant and complementary websites. Looking forward for a

successful link partnership.

Thanks,
Michael

Anonymous said...

Doesn't all "shrinks" take August off? Isn't that the month that most suicides occur?

just kidding...

DrivingMissMolly said...

Anonymous...funny...My lithium just got raised from 600mg to 900mg at bedtime and I called with questions...guess what? He's ON VACATION until the 14th! Thank goodness for pharmacists who are ALWAYS there when you have med questions!

To be fair, at the time he told me to raise it, I was not too thrilled with the idea so maybe he thought I wouldn't try it.

...now that you mention it, I have been suicidal....

just kidding!

Lily

PS Roy: Don't be too hard on Dinah. She's perfect just the way she is. Perhaps you are conflict averse?

Rach said...

ahhh... goes back to the question of what to put on your voicemail if you aren't available... send the patient to the emergency room and CYA! enjoy your time off! see you in september (or before!)

NeoNurseChic said...

Darn! Now I'll have to find a new website to check multiple times a day! :-P My psychiatrist doesn't go away in August, but he did say he is going away during part of September, and it seems like every year he goes away in October. Then I think there are conferences in February or something - seemed like he was always away a lot then. I know when he's gone away in October, it's always been for a bigger vacation.

Of course, commenting on the whole suicide thing, in July of a year ago, when I was the closest I've ever been to acting on suicidal thoughts, my psychiatrist was between offices, and I went away for a week - it made for a 3 week hiatus between appts - and even though I wouldn't admit to this then, I think honestly that did sort of contribute to how low I got. I hate depending on other people for anything at all, so that's why it took a long time for me to realize that it may have been part of why I felt so low.

At any rate - have a great vacation!! I got my 2 summer vacations in already, since I was away in June and July, but next week, Jason and I may go down to the Jersey shore for a day!! A little mini vacation - always much needed since this was my busy week and I haven't been able to get any quality R&R!! He's off until the very end of July when he starts his new job, so I'm sure we'll be taking various day trips on my days off. :)

Take care!
Carrie :)

jcat said...

Horrible thought, having you all being away! And apparently my p-doc is also taking time off soon, just don't know when yet.
Enjoy your holidays, and visit lots of public libraries!
jcat