Sunday, June 08, 2008

Street Value of Psychiatric Medications


StevebMD asked: "Is there a way to find out the "street value" of various psych meds in different cities? We know that benzos and opioids are highly valued, but I'm curious about other things like antipsychotics and sleep meds."

So I did some googling and did not find much. I even went on erowid.com, but couldn't find much there, either. So, I thought I'd set up a little database for people to enter what they know about the street value of, say, a 100mg pill of Seroquel.


Now, I am NOT trying to encourage these sorts of illicit transactions (you do know that it is a federal offense to sell a controlled prescription drug, right?). Indeed, the more we become aware of the potential for diversion of the drugs we prescribe, the more we can guard against it.


So, please complete the following form for any medications you may have knowledge of (either from asking your patients or from your own personal knowledge). Include your zip code so that I can set up a Google Map of all the entries. Once we have a number of datapoints, I will add the map to this post.









[View Database]